Summer is almost here and can I just say how excited I am? Going through the past month and a half has reaffirmed my hatred of spring. It’s a pretty season with all the new growth but the allergies are too much! I was walking around feeling like I had a cold for weeks with no relief. I still have a bad cough but for the most part everything else has gone away. The only downfall that comes with summer is the heat. Even today it was hot and kinda uncomfortable. Why can’t every season be fall? That would be perfect.
But anyway, here are some of my goals for the summer. 🙂
- My family and I usually go to the beach two to three times a summer but I’d love to extend that! Walking around and shopping in the quaint little town is one of my favorite things to do.
- Spend more time with my best friend Alexa. I’m an extrovert with introverted tendencies, so socialization is important to me but can be hard at times. It’s the most frustrating thing ever. But I’ve known Alexa since we were little and she’s such a kind hearted and special person. We understand each other and I want to strengthen our friendship. She’s so amazing and I love spending time with her. 🙂
- If I could even finish one book this summer that would be incredible. I’ve been having serious writing doubts and lack of motivation recently so my projects have all come to a halt.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. I’ve always known I love animals but recently I’ve been discovering just how much. I’d like to work with them and my local shelter is looking for volunteers. Hopefully I’ll have the courage to do that sometime this summer.
- Take tumblry artistic photos with friends. I love photography and figuring out different ways to take pictures. I can’t wait to do some poses with my friends that look like they came straight off of Tumblr or Pinterest.
- Get a henna tattoo. I’m not sure if I want to do a picture or words but I think it’d be really cool to get one. Especially if I could convince one of my friends to do it as well so we could match.
- Write more on my blog. 🙂
- Attend as many book signings as possible.
- Read at least five books. I’m an incredibly slow reader and I get distracted easily so I think I’ll be lucky to get five but we’ll see.
- Redecorate my room.
So there’s the beginning of my summer bucket list! What are some of the things on your summer bucket list? I’d love to hear about your plans.