As some of you may know, Twitter is my favorite social media site. And for those of you who didn’t know, well, now you do!
I’m here to tell you why this is the case.
- It’s easy to use and navigate.
- You can tweet as many times as you like about anything you wish! Want to give some writing advice? Go ahead! Want to show off your latest book purchase? No problem! Want to rant about your uncle’s mother’s niece’s pet cat Henry? Go right ahead! Someone will probably see it and think it’s cool.
- It’s easy to connect with people who share similar interests with you! I’ve met so many amazing writers through Twitter! (Hi Hannah and Hannah (yes I know two Hannah’s), Tim, Stephanie, Dana, Libbey, Ana, E.C, Chloe, Angie, Zac, Brianna, and Martha!) The Twitter writing community is such a friendly and helpful place!
- You can make lifelong friends through Twitter. (again, *waves at all my wonderful Internet friends*)
- You can talk about topics of your choosing, with people who actually care. Instead of bugging your non-reader/writer friends, go to Twitter to fangirl and talk! People love talking about their fandoms!
- You can grow your author platform if you’re a writer! By gaining followers, you are automatically increasing the amount of people who will someday see your ‘Hey! My book just got published and it’d mean an awful lot to me if you’d share the word/buy a copy!’ tweet. Also, who knows? Maybe one of your tweets will inspire someone? I know that that’s something I strive for. To stay new and inspiring for my amazing followers.
- There is always someone out there who knows more than you. You can gain insights from people better than you, and they can help you improve at whatever it is you’re trying to get better at. Again, the writing community on Twitter doesn’t hesitate to help to other writers.
- You can talk with your favorite authors! I’ve had multiple interactions with famous authors and bookish people on Twitter. It’s always super cool when they like, retweet, or comment on something of yours.
- You can stalk amazing hashtags like #amwriting. If you have Twitter, are a writer, and haven’t looked at this hashtag yet, what are you doing? Go check it out! You’ll thank me later.
- You can share little peices of what you’re working on! If you’re a writer like me, share some sentences from your book, talk about your characters. Get people excited for your novel! Their excitement will seep into you and you’ll be even more inspired to write!
Well, those are 10 reasons why Twitter is my favorite social media site. I absolutely love it! What’s your favorite social media? Why? I’d love to hear!
Thanks for reading! I really hope someone enjoys this post. I wanted to put something up for you guys but I couldn’t figure out what to write about. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments!
I’ll talk to you again soon and until then, remember to keep reading, and keep writing!