Hey guys! I have been nominated by S.K.A for the Leibster Award. I will link S.K.A’s blog here if you want to check it out! https://cure8ation.wordpress.com/blog/
Here are the rules for the award.
Thank you so much for the nomination S.K.A!
Here are the 11 questions I have been asked
- If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
A pomegranate because they are fun and a little weird
- What book(s) best describe your personality?
I would probably say Divergent. I’m scared of a lot of things, and I know that I’m not even close to being as fearless as Tris, but I have struggled and overcome a lot of things in my life. I need to remember, ‘becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.’ I want to learn to become more like the Dauntless but also, like Four, I want to be more than one thing. I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest. I hope that, one day, I will be able to be all of them.
- Who is your least favorite author? Why?
Least favorite author? I have no idea. I love so many books but I don’t have a lot of least authors. I really have no idea. Sorry.
- If you could choose to be anywhere in the world, right now, where would it be?
In Italy? Because then I could see it with my own eyes and understand the culture better. In the book I’m writing, my characters go to Italy. I also really want to see Ireland someday. But at the same time I really want to be with all my family and my friends right now so if I could magically zap them all into one place and join them there that would be great!
- What did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a singer. I think there were some others but I can’t remember them.
- Who is your favorite author? Why?
Hmmm, favorite author. I can’t pick a favorite! There are too many of them! I really really like Veronica Roth because her Divergent books are amazing and they have good morals and teach a good story. But I also really love Anne Mazer and Ellen Potter, the authors of Spilling Ink because that book helped me so much when I was first starting my writing journey.
- Are you good at tongue twisters?
Good at them? I’m not sure if I would say good but I really love doing them! They’re so much fun! How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood!
- Do you like to DIY? Or is it a nuisance?
Most of the time, I love to DIY! Mostly I do DIY’s for my room because room accessories can be so expensive and I get to be creative when I do it myself.
- What book make you say, “Hey, I want to be a writer,” or when did that moment occur to you?
I have been writing ever since I was two years old. I don’t know if I ever had a particular book, but I did have a movie that always inspired me, and I would always want to write something after I watched it. That movie was Nim’s Island. But the real moment that I started writing happened in late December of 2012. My brothers were telling me about a MineCraft video and I got an idea for a story from it that I immediately knew I was going to write. It’s funny where ideas can come from.
- Have you ever been scammed?
No I don’t think so
- Do you believe in vision boards? Have you ever made one?
They’re cool! I have never made one though.
Here are 11 random facts about me!
- My family owns one dog and four cats. We also have two bunnies.
- I am in a choir, take voice lessons, and really enjoy singing
- I met one of my best friends at the library when I was eight years old
- I won a tall tale short story contest at my local library when I was a little kid
- I wrote the first draft of a novel in 21 days once
- I love ice cream and some of my favorite flavors are: Samoas, mint chocolate chip, and lemon
- One of the walls of my bedroom is completely covered in post it notes, drawings, and papers, that all have things for my story written on them
- My favorite sweatshirt that I own is bright yellow with birds on it and it says ‘Peace+Love= Happiness.’ I wear it all the time in fall, winter, and spring
- I love football and my favorite team is the Green Bay Packers
- My favorite color is a light blue
- I rarely wear makeup and when I do it is usually just lip crayon
And now for the nominees! I don’t have 11 blogs that fit the criteria but here are some of my favorites that I’m so very happy to nominate!
Here are the questions for my nominees!
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What was your favorite book when you were a little kid?
- Who are a few of your favorite characters and which books are they from?
- Where did you find the original inspiration for the last story you wrote or your WIP (work in progress)?
- In books, do you usually like the villain better than the protagonist, or the protagonist better than the villain?
- What is one of your favorite memories?
- If you met a stranger on the street and they handed you a heavy black briefcase and whispered “You know what to do,” how would you react?
- What are a few of your favorite songs at the moment?
- Would you be the one pulling the prank, or the one getting pranked?
- In your group of friends, which friend are you (the quiet one, the outgoing one, the crazy one, the smart one, the friendly one, etc…)
- What is your favorite season and why?
Thanks again S.K.A for nominating me! I really appreciate it!
I should have another post up sometime soon to tell you how Camp NaNoWriMo went for me but until then, remember to keep writing!