Okay, so I know the #WriterLife tag is normally done in a video but I really liked the idea and I don’t do videos so I thought I would just answer the questions and have fun with it anyway (like this post if you’re a rebel like me 😃). Let’s get started.
1. Write Fuel: what do you eat or drink while writing- I like to drink hot chocolate and I don’t really eat a lot during writing. I guess my favorite thing to eat would probably be grapes and cheese. I don’t usually have this but I would love it if I did.
2. Write Sounds: what do you listen to while writing- There is this awesome website that I will link that I go to for music to listen to while I am writing. http://soundfuel.blogspot.com/p/the-directory.html I hope the link works but this is the website I go to for my writing music needs. Along with that I also use rainymood.com, which plays the sounds of a thunderstorm, and I just recently discovered coffitivity.com, which plays the sound of coffee shop. It may be a little weird but I also just turn on a YouTube video in the background and keep playing it over and over just to give some background noise. It helps a lot.
3. Write Vice: what’s your most debilitating distraction- Let’s be real here… the internet. I am so guilty of this one. The other day I was leaving my Twitter to open up my Google Docs word document and I accidently, without even realizing it, opened up Twitter again. Pinterest and YouTube are two of my other worst distractions.
4. Write Horror: what’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you while writing- Okay, so this year I did NaNoWriMo for the first time (yay!) and I got Scrivener because they had a free NaNoWriMo trial and I had heard some good things about it so I thought, why not? I’ll tell you why not. I ended up finishing a book I had been working on for about a year and six months. Good right? Wrong. I ended up loosing all my work when my trial ended. Let’s just say I cried, and it was terrible. Luckily, I managed to get it copied and pasted to Google Docs before my trial ran out but let me tell you it was a nerve racking, super stressful experience.
5. Write Joy: what is the best thing that’s ever happened to you while writing or how do you celebrate small victories- The best thing that’s ever happened to me while writing? Hmmm. Everyone knows how awesome it is to finish a book but other than that I would have to say having other people read my work, enjoy it, and say nice things about my characters. I don’t think people realize how much that means to me. And how do I celebrate small victories? Fist pump, squeal, talk the ears off of my family about it, and jump around happily.
6. Write Crew: who do you communicate with, or not communicate with, while writing- Well, my parents of course and my siblings because they’re normally the only ones around but other than that, my amazing friend Alexa. I feel like she is the only person I know who really understands what it’s like to be a writer and doesn’t think I’m completely crazy.
7. Write Secret: what’s your writing secret to success or hidden flaw- Well, I haven’t been exactly successful yet, I haven’t had anything published, but I have finished three novels and am working on my fourth. But my writing secret is to just trust yourself and your book and keep writing. Also I type really fast, which helps me get the first draft down. Having a word count goal helps too. Mine is at least 1000 words a day. My hidden flaw is that I am extremely skeptical about my own work and I put myself down a lot. Plus I’m scared of the idea of publishing. It’s just a little freaky to think of my book in stranger’s hands.
8. Write-spiration: what always makes you productive- Writing with other writers or telling other people about my writing goals. That way I feel an obligation to get it finished which is why I think NaNoWriMo worked so well for me.
9. Write Peeve: what’s one thing that writers do or you do, that’s annoying- When writers give up. Think about it. What is the one thing that all writers have in common? They never gave up. Neither should you.
10. Write Words: share one sentence from a project past or present- He came here a lot, most of the time because someone told him to.
Hope you enjoyed and as long as I’m being a rebel I’m going to tag my friend Alexa. If you guys want to check out Alexa’s blog, here is the link. http://thatfangirl250.wordpress.com/